Thursday, September 20, 2012

9/21/12
Broken modem at the house for a couple of days, & today it just started working again.  So here I am with more to share than I have time this morning.  Chris, Dana, Dave & I are going for a day trip to the Rhine for castle touring. 

I must talk about pastries!  There's a bakery in nearly every block & in every office building, & the food just makes you mouth water just looking at it.  Dave & I walked to one yesterday, & the food picture reflects what we bought.  Delicious. 

There's also a picture of Karl at the swim club where he's decided to try out for a team where there are some really hotshot swimmers.  He takes public transportation to get there at night. 

That brings me to the idea of how this move is enabling the kids to go out on their own more & become independent in a new way.  They have bus & rail passes which they use everyday to get to & from school. 

You'll see their small but efficient kitchen in another picture, & then Jessie in the living room doing homework. 

Sorry to be brief---off to the castles!

No comments:

Post a Comment