Sunday, September 30, 2012

Home Church & A Walk

Well, blogging is still new to me obviously.  I wrote last night's blog while everyone slept only to discover this afternoon I hadn't published it!  I thought I had, & the good news is that the entire thing was saved, just waiting for me to publish it.  For me, it's true---life's a learning experience!

This morning, we decided to have church at home, so we listened to Grace Church in Greenville, SC, where the kids used to live.  It was a good sermon after which the 6 of us discussed several points.  Church in jammies if you like!

After a big pancake breakfast, then we split up & did different things.  Chris, Dave & I took a long walk through the fields behind the house & extended it a bit to go through a fancy neighborhood of big houses on big pieces of land.  At one gate, we saw a sign that said Luxenbourg Counselate.  Chris found a sugar beet lying on the ground at the edge of one field, so Dave took this picture.
As you can see, the trails just wind their way through the fields & pastures.  It feels very rural with horses & farms & only steps away from their house.

It's hard to beat a Sunday afternoon nap, & I had one today.  Now, I should cut this short & help Dana make another good dinner. 

We're planning a couple of day trips for this week, so stay tuned.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  I forgot how much teenagers eat----

No comments:

Post a Comment